Wednesday 30 April 2014

Shunning up Shunner

I said something was afoot last night didn't ? Well I was right. Rachel showed up to take them out to dinner, and apparently it was very nice.

By the way, as we're halfway, they've given me a dispensation on the uncle and auntie thing. I don't want to be disrespectful, but I'm sure you won't mind in the interests of saving my paws. Just for the duration.

So, we set out from Hawes. On the way out, we were walking past a house, with an 8' wall when suddenly a dog appeared on top and barked, very loudly. We nearly all jumped out of our skins, but it woke us up.

Up to Hardraw where we had a very nice demonstration by a man and his collie getting in half a dozen sheep for pedicures. Nearly as good as me - but not quite.

Up on to the moors to climb the 716 metres of Great Shunner Fell. We did it at Will and Claire pace (very fast) making good time for an early lunch which they didn't want. I did. Then over the top and down into Thwaite to meet David and Rachel, and a big surprise, Paul and Sue. Goodness all these people. It was bliss, everyone made a big fuss of me, and I was allowed to go to sleep in the back of their car whilst they all went in the pub.

Then they all joined us to walk on to Keld. I have been quite excited about Keld, because last year, I met another beautiful black labrador and I was really looking forward to seeing him again. Sadly he's not here any more, but Polo is. I'm in love with Polo. He's white where I'm black, and black where I'm white and they say we make a very handsome couple. They're probably right.

They've all gone now, and tomorrow we're over the top again to Bowes. I think Alan and Barbara are coming to see us so that will be good.

Keep spreading the word - bit tired tonight, sorry I'm late.

M
xx


1 comment:

  1. Ooo madge first love just think how beautiful your offspring would be. I am really pleased you are getting lots of loves. You are fairly galloping up the country.
    Love jean xxx

    ReplyDelete