Wednesday 9 April 2014

Canal rage

As I write this, I can't tell you how upset I am. The 3 J's were due to meet us again tonight, only the most important one hasn't come. She is very very tired after yesterday's walk and her shoulder is very sore. Wish little Jasmine well everybody.

It's been another beautiful day, and these two have had their shorts on again. I try to hide behind my paws, but they just aren't big enough.

We started off up the canal (Staffs and Worcs), then onto a disused railway (which none of us liked too much) then back onto the canals, latterly on the Shropshire Union.

Once more we have seen loads of wildlife, new boys including, Jay, Coot, and Moorhen.

Both mum and dad have commented on the peaceful nature of canal life, but this afternoon we had a fresh experience with two barges battling for position - canal rage. The barge in front was a local full time bargee, the one behind a holiday maker who was in a tearing hurry to get somewhere. I don't understand why anybody in a hurry would hire a barge, unless of course he had to get it back. Anyway the man in front wouldn't make way and the man at the back got very excited, and there was a lot of swearing and mum and dad were very excited and I .....well I ate my Burns. Sadly, we had to turn off so I can't tell you the result.

When we got to our overnight stop, dad had selected the back entrance to the grounds because it was the nearest. Unfortunately, the notice said 'Private, no entrance' and the gate wouldn't open because it was electric. That didn't stop the dynamic duo, oh no. It's the shorts. Over the fence they went and ran up the road before they could be seen. And of course I'm complicit because I got lifted over and had to follow suit.

Making for Rugeley tomorrow, getting close to home.

Keep spreading the word

M
xx

Sorry no pics tonight - 'service unavailable'!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear madge I hope jaz is ok it's a real shame she has had to go home . I hope you shared your BURNS with her I am sure you would. Sorry your dad is leading you astray trespassing if you are questioned say nothing. Love jean and Rob xxx

    ReplyDelete