Sunday 23 March 2014

A day of great contrasts!

First of all, I must apologise for the poor service over the past few days. Getting the blog out has been a nightmare, and attaching photographs, regrettably, impossible.

We left Great Park Farm and it's charming owner, and walked into Crediton to the sounds of the church bells, absolutely delightful.

Dad took a call for me from Bob's dad, Mike in Marazion. He wouldn't let me take it because my paws were dirty and he didn't want his precious phone mucking up. We had passed a football pitch where kids were kicking around a white spherical object that went thwack when it was kicked and I'd got very excited because I thought it was mine. Mum said it wasn't because mine are red and blue, they are not spherical because I have chewed them into submission, and they definitely do not go thwack when kicked, more thwat.

Anyway, I digress. Mike had rung to see how we were getting on. Apparently, somebody in his local has been printing the blog off each night, and reading it out in the pub. Isn't that brilliant? Any more stories like that we'd love to hear about it.

Mum is very aware of the selfies going on on Facebook. She was very upset this morning, because she lost her lippy. Personally, I think she did it on purpose to get rid of the weight!

About 5 miles in, dad threw a wobbly because he thought he'd left a map behind. Mum said it wouldn't matter because we'd got the satmap and the I pad. After another 5 miles, they realised that they had got the other map because the nice people at the Ordnance Survey had printed it on the back!

Today we have seen our first buttercup in full flower, May, wood anemone, and field pansies. How spring is moving on.

Today has been such a contrast. This morning we plodded on the roads once more, great views, but restricted by high roadside hedges. This afternoon we walked the Exe Valley Trail, shadowing the River Exe from Bickleigh to Tiverton. A real refreshing change. The weather hasn't been too bad a couple of briefwettings and a rather painful hail shower.

After 16 hard fought miles, we arrived at the Best Western, where mum has had a brilliant bath in the company of Micky Bubbles. Dad had his Burns (theirs is spelt wrong - MARS) and I had my Burns and the treats the hotel left for me.

Another great day, looking forward to crossing into Somerset tomorrow.

Keep spreading the word.

M
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment