Friday 3 January 2014

Happy New Year

We have had the most fabulous Christmas (thanks so much Uncle Jim and Auntie Jo), and then an amazing New Year at the CB in Arkengarthdale. Dad said it was good training, walking to the bar and back so frequently. If he'd asked me, I could have rounded the Black Sheep up for him.

I've just been out with dad to make sure all my sheep are OK, and it's clear to us all that we need to get on with some serious training and get down to the nitty gritty.

First of all though we need to shake off mum's cold and dad's double pneumonia!!

The route is decided, although with all these floods we are looking at potential alternatives in some areas, just in case.

The gear is all purchased and largely tested. My coat is very comfortable and keeps most of me dry, the content in my rucksack is gradually being increased (don't know why they can't carry everything for me), and my portable bed is very comfortable (although not memory foam). I'm not convinced about the 'wellies'. When I was fitted for them, and I had to walk round the shop, mum said I looked as if I was on ballet points. Still they may come in in an emergency and that's what they are all about.

We have booked some of our accommodation, although this week dad is going to concentrate on booking round the Bank Holidays, Pennine Way, West Highland Way, and hot spots along the route. Mum and I are going to have a lie down, watch all the holiday tele, and polish off the christmas chocolates. Ho ho ho!!! Some chance

Whilst we have been away, we have been prioritising the To Do list, and there is a lot to do. Mum's first job was to order dad's Senior Railcard, of course she's far too young to have one of those!!

Happy days

Please share the blog with as many people as possible. The more the merrier.

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Mx






facebookfacebook

No comments:

Post a Comment