Friday 17 January 2014

Dad's day (not!)

I wasn't going to write on the blog today. However......

After yesterday's 16 mile marathon, they decided we would have an easier day today and managed to leave me to lie in until 7.30! For goodness sake we're supposed to be on holiday.

So we slopped through the paddy fields for a few hours and when we got back to the start point, he thought it would be a good idea to put me in the river to clean me up. I suppose it's not a bad theory, saves his precious car getting dirty and I'm spared the dreaded hosepipe. Imagine my delight then, when he fell in. Hah!!! Result

Mum's never got the camera when she really needs it - shame!

Anyway, he cleaned himself up whilst mum sorted me out - ooh she does a lovely rub! And she said "well never mind, we can go to the Wensleydale Creamery for a nice cheese on toast and a cup of tea." I thought "um, more zzz Grommit"

It really hasn't been his day, because when we got there at 2.30 (having had to go home for his complete change of clothes), the restaurant had closed in preparation for the visitor centre being closed at 3.00. Pleased -not.

Today's HIGHLIGHT - looking up to see dad on all fours, in the river, nose to nose with me. Yeah!

Spread the word

M
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment