Sunday 19 October 2014

Look at me!

We've had quite a lot of hits on the blog in recent weeks so we thought we might put a fresh blog on and see what happens. Don't forget that I have my own Facebook page which you are welcome to view - 'Madge Marsden' and Mum always puts my posts on there. Alternatively you can ask the blog to e mail you when a new post goes on . No need to miss out!

Today has been very exciting. My very good friends from SARDA have come to train in The Dale and I have been able to say hello and have my picture taken with them.


I have a bit more time at the moment because I have been restricted to short walks on my lead. I cut my leg and had to have 5 stitches and I'm finding it very hard. The parents are driving me round the bend! Never mind, mum reckons they will be coming out towards the end of this week and I will be able to go out and play with my sheep again - thank goodness.

So what has been happening since last we spoke. We've all been a bit lost since we returned from bonny Scotland. We had spent 3 months that had been fully planned and really didn't have to think about anything other than getting from A to B on a prescribed route. Waking up in the morning and thinking "what shall I do today" has been really weird.

We've done a little walking, obviously not as much as we would like. Mum has a new career in public speaking as a result of which we continue to grow the charity funds. Dad is currently trying to keep the leaves under control, but they are coming down quicker than he can pick them up and I continue to get my paws on an as much Burns as I can find.

Last week, mum thought she would put the caravan to bed for the winter, and decided to shampoo the carpets. She had a can of carpet foam in the cleaning cupboard that she'd had for so long that it was rusty on the bottom and needless to say the aerosol spray head would not perform. Whilst she got busy on hands and knees with a less dated version, dad decided to fix the original (the one from the ark) and trotted off to his shed. I helped mum.

A short time later there was a loud bang and dad was heard to say "Oh deary me, the cans exploded" (or words to that effect). Mum and I ran to see what had happened. He'd decided to attack the top of the can with his electric drill. Not surprisingly, this perforated the tin, covering him and the entire interior of his precious shed with carpet cleaning foam. It's never been so clean - nor him come to think of it.

And so life goes on. 

Hey ho

M xx

1 comment:

  1. Please keep the blog going. Mabel and I love it. Teddi

    ReplyDelete